Sunday, January 07, 2007




We didn't do much today, both Sophie and I were very ill after breakfast, we both slept from 4:30 pm until 7 am this morning up and down and it didn't get much better throughout the day. I took her to eat and she kept down some beef and noodles, this is bascially noodles with broth and some beef pieces. I have some pictures of her eating this with chop sticks....I should have let her feed me yesterday.

We stayed in and took a couple of trips around the hotel, I have to admit I'm ready to leave Lanshou. We did eat some more ice cream as you can see!I was invited to go see some sights today by a fellow who is staying here, he works/owns or some high paying position at the oil refinery. Since we didn't feel good I didn't accept, also hate to go riding around with someone you don't know. He later had the hotel offer their car to me, but we just weren't up to traveling today. Oh well, there goes my chance to meet a rich foreigner, huh? lol!

Tomorrow I think we may go out for a little while Sophie is the charm of the hotel. We usually see the same folks at breakfast and then dinner. They come up and speak to her and offer her cookies and candy when they see us out walking around. Even with the hospitality, I'm looking very forward to flying to Guangzhou on Tuesday morning. We ended our day with a bath...


I hope you all have a great Sunday, we miss you.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hello. I hope you are both feeling better. Sophie looks so sweet. It is the highlight of my day to get on here and see more pictures of her. We can't wait to see her in person. We pray that the rest of your trip is safe. I'm sure you are anxious to get back with the rest of your group. Love you, Mandy and Chris