Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Lanzhou - Registration day

Sophie XiaoYang is 100% officially ours now. We went to get some photos done and then to the Civil Affairs office to register the adoption with the Chinese government. The whole process was about 1.5 hours to process. Most of the dialog was in Chinese and we were asked some simple questions. Sophie was great throughout the process, she cried when the orphanage director and Nanny tried to hold her. She grabbed onto me desperately.

We will likely take a walk in downtown Lanzhou while after while, Sophie is very tired and eating a grilled cheese sandwich, she has a hollow leg and LOVES french fries. Lanzhou doesn't see nearly as many westerners as other cities.

The orphange director said that she doesn't talk and I noticed around them she did not, but with me, she is talking my arm off, laughing, running, playing. She puts her hands together as if praying and knods twice when I give her a cookie, saying thank you. Its 12:23pm local time. I'm not familiar enough with Chinese to know what she is saying, but she will fit right with our family of talkers! She is watching cartoons and she will say "ma ma" and when I look she dances and smiles, she has the biggest dimples.

We are going to KFC for dinner tonight. I've enjoyed the Chinese food, but some good old greasy chicken will be a treat.

I miss all of you, I'll post some more pictures later, my internet is giving me fits today.

God Bless....

No comments: