Thursday, January 04, 2007

Shopping in Lanzhou...



Oh what fun we had shopping at the local department store. You don't have to look for someone to help you, the ratio is 5 sales girls to every shopper, ha! Sophie, I've been calling her XiaoYang (Sheou yun), I thought it would help her at least feel some normalcy. We bought gloves, hat, scarf, 2pr of shoes; one that lights up and the other look like a pair of Steve Maddens, panties (by the way she was so excited when we returned back to the hotel to put these on...she danced around. She was brought here without any and she didn't want the diaper or pull up, she kept shaking her head no)...back to the shopping, snow bibs (the locals had a fit that I didn't have her in these) no stoller, according to the guide I would be looked upon unfavorably for pushing her in a stroller, she is old enough to walk...sheesh. She loves to draw so I picked up some paper and pens, I couldn't find crayons and finally a pair of long johns for her, all this for 380 Yuan or $49.

She is sleeping now, I'm here to tell you this one has a TEMPER! She has been great, however I think shopping wore her out, when I denyed her an egg roll cookie the kicking, screaming, throwing things when I ignored her, more kicking, more throwing started. I placed her in the chair 4 times before she realized I meant business, then she sat there and just flat out screamed, finally coming over to me and hitting me. Hard to reason with someone who can't understand a word you are saying, however I do know Bu, Bu which means No! No!. She immediately stopped and put her hands out, I picked her up and she was asleep in 30 seconds. Wow! Don't think any of the olders threw that kind of spiral...Well, she's had a rough day and a half, she'll make it as will I.

Well, enjoy the pictures...John and Pat are the couple, I've posted this for their Daughter who has been so kind.

1 comment:

Brigette said...

Shelli,

Im so very happy for you and your family. Sophie is a doll baby!!

I have been showing your website to the gang at work and I will keep them posted.

Stay safe and God Bless!