Saturday, September 15, 2007

Riding the train September 13, 2007


Well, I've never rode a train before in my life. The Wanderlingh's were going to Changchou City to see the outside of the orphanage where Nicholas was, so I decided to go, just because I wanted to ride the train. This was Sept 12th. We walked to the subway and then took that to the train station and rode the train for about an hour at 140 miles per hour...pretty cool!
Once there, we rode a cab to the orphanage, Nicholas went nuts thinking he was going to have to stay, although the guide had told him that we were just visiting. When the guard reached for his hand to say hello, I thought they were going to have to sedate the little guy. He is 5 years old. We left immediately, then the director called us and told us this orphanage was off limits. We were not allowed to view it...hmm. I could pretty much tell by the looks of it from the outside, why.

1 comment:

Rebekah Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.