Monday, September 10, 2007

I got him! (September 10, 2007)


Well today was the day I got him!!! Yeah! He is so cute and Coco was very helpful. She gave me a book with pictures of his life since coming to the Nanjing SWI and his birthday party. Sawyer did not cry and he came right to me. I have to admit even though I am a veteran adopter, I was a little worried due to his orphanage delay, but after a call to Char, who is helping with my blog...thank you Char by the way, she assured me NOT to panic. If I didn't know better I would think he was 12 mos to maybe 18 mos. He is very small, doesn't say much that makes sense and his motor skills are delayed. I'm so glad to finally have him, so we can help him grow and advance. Well, off to Walmart!!!

4 comments:

fivekidz said...

Congrats... what a wonderful day. He is so beautiful...good luck.. Bonnie P
www.bringingzoehome.blogspot.com

Mom 2 six said...

Our Mia was the same way. She was 21 months and you would have thought she was 12-15 months. Poor gait, tiny, withdrawn....
It took a bit but all is well.

Calanthat said...

Congratulations Shelli and family! I'm sure Sawyer will be catching up in no time now that he has such a loving family to help him. If there's anything at all you need, don't hesitate a second to ask!
-Brandy V

Ladyblog said...

So Cute! Congrats! I am so happy for you and him. He is precious!